ALTD’s current activities:
- Weekly human rights lecture on Zoom by a professor of human rights with the participation of civil society activists, students and researchers. The lectures are currently about reading the international human rights law treaties. The current lecture is reading and explaining CEDAW in Farsi. The activities include calling for women’s participations and petitions.
- Campaign and advocacy on women’s participation in the peace process of Afghanistan in partnership with WLUML (Women Living Under Muslim Laws) organization.
- Partnership with Yaar organization in conducting women’s rights campaigns in Afghanistan. This includes scrutinizing history of women’s movements in Afghanistan.
- Assessing the history of feminism around the world through weekly workshops by lecturers and researchers. This workshop has been running since March 2020.
- Partnership with Armanshahr/Open Asia organization to develop gender related terminology from English to Persian language (the new terms such as gender, abortion…are translated in Persian). The aim of this is to practice and normalize these terms in the society.
- Weekly (virtual) driving theory test lessons in Persian language for women around the UK in order to help understand the UK driving regulations and safe driving in future. The understanding of driving rules will help reduce traffic incidents and offenses.
- Weekly (virtual) English conversation class for women whose first language is not English in the UK.